At Terrace Ridge School, we believe that our students need to understand that online choices have offline consequences. As teachers and parents, we need to develop a deeper understanding of the digitally connected world and what it means to be good digital citizens. To meet that goal the staff of Terrace Ridge have been participating in a variety of professional development activities that have focused on increasing our awareness and understanding of digital citizenship.
Watch this web page for additional articles and links to further information:
Tips for Parents:
- Learning about digital citizenship starts at an early age and needs continual reinforcement.
- Work with your children to ensure they are aware of the potential dangers around online activities.
- Look for ways to embrace the positive power of the internet for every day use.
- Understand that your children will likely use the internet outside of your prevue through association with friends. This emphasizes the need to work with them, not against them in helping your children understand appropriate use of digital tools.
- What Can Parents Do?
- Common Sense Media
- Be We Aware
- Facebook Safety for Parents
- See Ribble's 9 Elements of Digital
- Ribble's Digital Citizenship Website
Articles for Parents:
- Raising a Digital Child
- What is Digital Citizenship?
- October Digital Citizenship
- November Digital Citizenship
- December Digital Citizenship
- March Digital Citizenship
- Video Conferencing with Israel
- Smart Response
- Video Conferencing with Royal Tyrrell